COMPUTING / ICT AND DIGITAL MUSIC
The aim of ICT is to make learning, interesting, exciting and to make all pupils enthusiastic about learning new ICT concepts. We want to develop all pupils’ ICT learning and in an ever-changing technological world ensure that all of our pupils can embrace new technology and use it to improve their learning.
- E-SAFETY: Pupils will be learn how to watch out for suspicious e-mails and websites and people claiming to be someone or something they aren’t.
- MYTHBUSTERS: A digital investigation into myths and legends.
- DATA HANDLING: Pupils will be finding out different ways to gather and present data.
- DESKTOP PUBLISHING (DTP): Pupils will learn how to create documents like leaflets, brochures and newsletters.
- SCRATCH: Pupils will learn a new programming language which will help them create interactive stories, animations and games.
- E-SAFETY: Pupils will learn how to protect themselves and others from potential online harm.
- COMPUTERS - COLOSSUS, TRANSISTORS AND VALVES: Pupils will gain a good understanding of early computers and how they have evolved to accommodate 21st century living.
- INFORMATION RELIABILITY AND BIAS: How do you tell when information you find on the internet is reliable? Pupils will learn how to evaluate web content and decide if it's suitable or not.
- TECHNOLOLGY IN THE FUTURE: In this unit pupils will explore some of the technologies which might be available to us in the future.
- KODU: Kodu is a new visual programming language made specifically for creating games. It is designed to be accessible for students and enjoyable for anyone.
Music is to be offered to all pupils in Key stage 3. Pupils will have the opportunity to discover improvisation techniques, instrument skills and use music technology such as GarageBand and various iPad apps.